This year 2020 underwent many changes and adaptations in the digital world. In turn, thanks to the arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic, life took a more virtual plane. For example, if your company didn’t have a website, you created it to avoid losses. Or if your business was only in a physical store, you offered delivery options. Thus, a lot of new strategies to get noticed in the digital world emerged throughout the year. Learn the SEO statistics for 2021.
SEO Statistics for a Successful 2021
With the help of different websites, we compiled a list of SEO statistics for 2020. Here is the result of them:
The most relevant statistics on Google
- Google uses over 200 characteristics within its algorithms to classify web pages.
- The first search result in Google gets 32% of the clicks.
- Each of the organic search results that rank on the first page is approximately 1,447 words.
- Google analyzed the salary of an SEO professional and the average is $60.5k USD per year.
- Only in voice search results, there is an average of 29 words.
- Voice search results tend to load in 4.6 seconds. This means that it loads 52% faster than the average page.
- The reading level of a voice search result is ninth grade.
- Websites with strong link authority tend to rank well in voice search. So much so that the average domain rating of a Google Home result is 76.8.
- 48% of consumers use voice for “general web searches”.
SEO statistics for 2021, Relevant Video SEO Statistics
Within this category, we will find all the important statistics in the video area. For example, Youtube is the first most searched platform on Google concerning videos. In other words, many of these statistics will feature this website. Some of them are:
- An analysis of 1.3 million YouTube videos found that the number of comments, the view count, the number of shares, and the number of likes were strongly correlated with the highest YouTube rankings
- The vast majority of videos positioned on the first page of YouTube last from 14 to 50 minutes.
- Over half of the YouTube first page results are HD quality videos.
- Videos are considered the number one communication medium used in content strategy, surpassing blogs, and infographics.
- The number of comments, views, and reactions had a strong correlation with YouTube’s high rankings.
Videos with a higher ranking tend to attract new subscribers.
- Blogs that have videos are 53 times more likely to rank on the first page of Google.
- Posts with videos also get more backlinks, besides achieving a 157% increase in search traffic.
- There is no correlation between YouTube ratings and video descriptions that were optimized with keywords.
- 49% of marketers increase their revenue faster if they use video in their strategy. Also, 51% of professionals consider this content as the best for ROI. Besides, 64% of users who saw a video on social networks made a purchase afterward.
- 85% of diverse internet users interact with video content. Not only that, but just over half of them want to see more content from the brands they like.
- The number of videos created on YouTube is over 5 billion. Thus, according to YouTube, 500 hours of content are uploaded every minute. They also assured that the average number of people who are on this platform is 40 minutes a day.
What happened to local SEO?
Local search engine optimization is a branch of SEO positioning that focuses on improving a website found in local search results. SEO statistics for 2021. As such, many customers rely on the internet to get good and affordable products, not only concerning price but also with its geographical proximity.
- 46% of Google searches are for a local business or local service.
- At least 25% of small business web pages do not have an H1 tag,
- After searching on a smartphone for something close, 76% of people end up visiting the company in 1 day.
- 28% of local Google searches result in a purchase.
- 46% of all searches have local intent, the number of monthly local searches is 97 billion.
- 30% of all mobile searches are related to location.
- 76% of people who search their smartphones for something close visit a business in one day.
- 28% of searches for something nearby result in a purchase.
- Yelp appears in the top five search results for 92% of Google web queries that include a city and business category.
- Mobile searches for “on-sale” increased more than 250% year-on-year between 2017 and 2019.
- 54% of smartphone users look for business hours.
- Approximately 45% of global shoppers buy online and then collect in-store.
- Mobile inquiries “Where to buy” and “near me” increased by more than 200% between 2017 and 2019.
- Mobile searches for “store open near me” increased more than 250% between 2017 and 2019.
What percentage of people who search locally end up visiting?
According to the largest search engine.
People who perform local search queries visit 1.5 billion locations each month as a result.
That is equivalent to 32.8% of all Internet users who visit a business.
- 78% of people who search locally make a purchase afterward. This includes purchases online and in physical stores.
SEO statistics for mobile
- Most Google searches are now done on mobile devices.
- 30% of all mobile searches are related to a location.
- Mobile devices account for 58% of all Google searches in the world.
- Organic CTR on mobile devices is approximately 50% less than on computers.
- 51% of smartphone users have found a new company or product when searching on mobile devices
- The first organic list on mobile devices receives 27.7% of clicks. On the other hand, clicks on the desktop received 19.3%.
- 87% of smartphone owners use a search engine daily
- Voice searches represent 20% of searches by mobile devices.
Percentage of searches on mobile devices vs. tablets
- Mobile devices account for 53.81% and tablets 2.92% of searches worldwide.
- Desktop computers and tablets have a share of the mobile market have increased by 5%.
- Mobile devices represent 58% of all searches on Google alone.
- Mobile devices in turn represent 62% of paid clicks in the aforementioned search engine.
Backlink statistics, SEO statistics for 2021
Before starting with these statistics we must know what backlinks are.
These are links from a certain page of a website pointing to another website.
Thus, if someone links to your site, you will have a backlink from them.
On the other hand, if you link to another website, then they have a backlink of yours.
- A study published in Backlinko assures that the number of domains that link to a page was the factor that had the highest correlation with rankings in Google.
- However, more than 55% of the pages do not have backlinks that point to them.
- Long content receives 77.2% more backlinks than short articles
- In search results, first page rankings receive between 5% and 14.5% more do-follow backlinks from new websites.
- 43.7% of the high ranking pages in Google have reciprocal links.
- Businesses that participate in blogs receive 97% more backlinks to their site.
- The average cost of buying a link is $361.44 USD.
- For posting something from a guest you can pay on average $77.80 USD.
- 73.6% of the domains have reciprocal links. This means that some of the sites you link to also link to others.
- 43.7% of high ranking pages have some reciprocal links.
Keywords are one of the most important aspects and recognized by all marketing experts.
So, if you know how to use them, you can easily position yourself in the most important search engines.
SEO statistics for 2021.
Besides, most SEO campaigns start with keyword research.
Know the most important statistics involved in SEO:
- The first 5 organic results in the SERPs mean 67.6% of all clicks.
- 50% of search queries contain 4 or more words.
- 50 percent of search queries contain four or more words.
- More than 29% of the keywords with more than 10,000 monthly searches are only more than 3 words.
- Approximately 8% of searches are formulated as a question.
- 92.42% of keywords get ten monthly searches or less.
- At least 70.87% of keywords with more than 10,000 monthly searches consist of just one or two words.
- 13.53% of keywords with ten searches per month or less consist of just one or two words.
- About 8% of search queries are asked as questions.
- 0.16% of the keywords are responsible for 60.67% of all searches.
The most searched words in Google
SEO statistics for 2021 Some of the most searched words in Google are Facebook, Youtube, Amazon, Gmail, eBay, and Walmart. As expected, all of them are related to a brand.
Search engine trends
- 12.3% of search queries have at least one featured snippet.
- 75% of people never get past the first page of search results.
- 21% of search engines click on more than 1 search result.
- A breakdown of global desktop search engine traffic: Google (75.5%), Bing (9.8%), Baidu (9.5%), Yahoo (2.8%).
- Organic traffic was found to account for more than 40% of retail revenue.
- Pages ranked 1 to 3 on the results pages generate a click-through rate of 36%.
- Found that users visit about 3 to 3.5 pages each time they come to a website from search.
- One study found that the average time on site for a top 10 search result is 3 minutes and 10 seconds.
- A study conducted found that almost 91% of pages do not receive traffic from Google.
Top 3 Search Engine Trends to Watch
- 55% of American households will have at least one smart speaker by 2022.
- Worldwide, 1.1 billion smartphone users will use voice technology weekly.
- Voice search has a 20% market share of all Google searches in the US app.
- Approximately 3.5 billion searches are made on Google every day.
- 39% of buyers are influenced by a relevant search.
- A study ensures that 61.5% of searches on computers and 34.4% of searches on mobile devices do not generate clicks.
Top SEO statistics, SEO statistics for 2021
These are the most interesting SEO statistics we think you should know about.
SEO became a very important task when building a business.
With its help, you can position yourself on websites, social networks, and increase your target audience.
We must not underestimate the power of SEO.
It is important to keep abreast of new trends. Some of these important statistics to know are:
- 68% of online experiences start with a search engine.
- 0.78% of Google users click on the results of the second page.
- 53.3% of all website traffic comes from organic search.
- 92.96% of world traffic comes from Google search, Google Images, and Google Maps.
- SEO generates more than 1000% of traffic than organic social networks.
- 69.7% of search queries contain four words or more.
- 60% of marketers say that inbound is their highest quality lead source.
- SEO leads have a closing rate of 14.6%.
Ranking statistics that will surprise you
- 90.63% of pages do not receive organic search traffic.
- The page that ranks first gets the most search traffic.
- Only 5.7% of pages ranked in the top 10 search results within a year of publication.
- 25.02% of high ranking pages do not have a meta description.
- 40.61% of pages have meta descriptions that don’t work.
- Google shows meta descriptions in search results 37.22% of the time. That increases to 40.35% for fat-head keywords. On the contrary, it falls to 34.38% for long-tails.
- The top-ranking average page also ranks in the top 10 search results for nearly 1,000 other relevant keywords.
- The average page in the top 10 is over 2 years old.
How much does an SEO charge for their work?
- If you work per hour $100 – $150 USD is the most popular price level.
- Preferring to work for projects $501 – $1,000 USD is the average to be charged.
- 88.28% of SEOs charge at least $150 USD an hour for their services.
- On average, SEOs who have been in business for more than 2 years charge 39.4% more per hour. If you are a monthly retainer, 102.41% and 275% more for unique projects.
- SEOs that serve the broad world market and charge 130.74% more than those that serve the local market.
Some of the sites we visited to make this collection were ImpactPlus, Backlinko Y Ahrefs. SEO statistics for 2021. Besides, to close the last days of the year we decided to collect relevant information for marketers and companies in the world. However, it’s important to remember that these statistics may be constantly changing for the coming year.
The world of digital marketing is constantly adapting to new trends. That is why if you want to grow our business organically and quickly, you must keep up with these trends. This, of course, alongside being constant, keep a strategy plan and stick to it.
Nonetheless, if you aren’t someone with a lot of time to handle these tasks or you want the help of the experts, you can get support online. Not only that, but many marketing agencies are willing to support you on the path of growth for your company.
BluCactus, your ally in Digital marketing
Besides, our group of experts is dedicated to helping businesses and brands succeed in one of the most competitive sectors in the market, the digital world.
BluCactus will accompany you every step that your brand takes. SEO statistics for 2021.
Our focus is on supporting you with the development of your website or the administration of your accounts on social media.
This online marketing agency, based in Dallas, TX, seeks to strengthen your image as a brand and take it to the next level. Don’t wait any longer to have the help of the best specialists in digital marketing and contact us through our social media or website.
If you want to keep up with the world of digital marketing, we invite you to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
Be the first to have all the best information!